Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Piranha Betty's 3/27/10




The first Secret Bake Sale is done. It's starting to become a distant memory, until next month that is. Had an awesome time with Lauren, Anna, and Sharon. The day started off a bit chilly and slow, but warmed up, and picked up, in the afternoon. Not as many people turned out as expected, but it was still a great time.

Lauren made two kinds of Focaccia, two flavors of truffles, gluten free peanut butter cookies, and some krispy rice bird nests.



Anna made Turtle cheesecakes (delish), brownies, and I forgot the third item (it looks like a cross between a cookie and a brownie). Will post the name when I remember.

Sharon and I made drunken oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and two kinds of truffles.

We started out inside of Piranha Betty's, but then moved everything outside when it became apparent that no one knew we were inside. Luckily by that time, it wasn't as cold. Got to see the many sights of Frankford Avenue, including an argument between a cab driver and his passenger. I think the passenger was his girlfriend, but who knows? All in all, it was fun.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that after having those beautiful huge chocolate chip cookies - wow! -- i've been thinking of nothing else all week. Every day at work around 3pm, I start wishing that another secret bakesale was taking place in my office building. Lol. But seriously....I can't wait for the next one! The Easter chocolates were exquisite as well :-)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete